Saturday, December 12, 2015

Poem of The Week-I Had No Answer


I Had No Answer


The other day, when I was passing by a building,
my little daughter asked me, “Dad, what is this?”
“This is the police office”, I replied.
“What is it for?”
I said, “It controls crime by enforcing the laws.”
“Why do people commit crime?”
“It is human nature.” I tried to escape the question.
“Do animals commit crime?”
I had no answer.
                                                                                                 
The other day, when I was passing by another building,
she asked me again, “What is it?”
“This is the parliament building. This is a place where elected people make rules to govern the people.” I said.
“Why do people need to be governed? Why can’t they live free?”
“If there are no rules and laws, there will be anarchy.” I explained.
“Do animals need laws?”
I had no answer.

The other day, when I was passing by yet another building, she asked me again.
“What is this building for, dad?”
I replied, “This is the supreme court. This is the place where people are given punishment for their wrong doings.
“Why can’t people behave properly without the courts? Do animals need courts?”
My daughter continued, “Can I ask you a different question?”
“Sure.” I replied.

With an astonished face she asked, “Dad, aren’t we taught that humans are more civilized than animals, although they do not need police office, parliament and courts?”
I had no answer.
Does anybody know the answer?






Bishwa R. Adhikari



3 comments:

  1. राम्रो। मन पर्यो -
    “Do animals commit crime?”
    I had no answer

    ReplyDelete