Monday, November 30, 2015

Poem of The Week-The Freedom

The Freedom


You say you’re free
You say you can do what you want to
You say you enjoy the endless sky above you
You say you can get what you want
You say you can go anywhere you want to
When you make these statements
A flying bird above your head
Would ask you
“Are you kidding me?”
Why have you confined yourself in a country?
Why have you confined yourself in a race, caste, and ethnicity?
Why have you confined yourself in a color?
Why have you confined yourself in religion, faith, and ideology?
If so, how are you free?
You have been living in a cage all the time. Aren’t you?
A bird’s questions will make you puzzled.
Your answerless situation will make the bird laugh
Then the bird will say
“Look at me”
“I am not within a country, a religion, a race, a faith, an ideology. Am I? “
“I’m enjoying true freedom and I’m more civilized than you.


Bishwa Raj Adhikari



2 comments:

  1. wow so perfect analysis of freedom !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comments. I really appreciate it.

      Delete