Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Perception-Fiction of the week-26

The Perception

Standing at the corner of Ratna Park some boys were saying, “How foolish the person was? He didn’t notice when we picked his pocket up.”
“Stupid.”
“Silly.”
“Seems, he just came from a village.”
“But his dress up seems as if he from a city.”
“Any way, I picked up Rs. 5,000 from his pocket very skillfully.”
“I covered you with my body taking high precaution so that nobody could see you while you were putting your fingers in his pocket. If someone would have seen that you might have been beaten ruthlessly.”
 “My part was also crucial. I had engaged those people who were around.”
“Listen, I cut his pocket. That job requires skill and is risky too. That is why I will take 3 thousand Rupees first then you all divide the rest equally.” 
An old person was standing little far from the boys. He stepped close to them and said “I was hearing your arguments  from the place I was standing. I am not so stupid to allow you to take my wallet from my pocket. The money you stole is my one month’s salary. I could have shouted and told people that you are stealing my money. Even I could have beaten you ruthlessly. But I didn't do so. Do you know why I did so? I was trying to protect you from the severe punishment. If I would have shouted and informed people that you are stealing my money many of them would have  started breaking your hands and legs. My silence was to protect you. My silence is not outcome of foolishness. I am not a stupid person. And, please, you three people take the money equally. The money you have stolen is not five thousand Rupees, it is fifteen thousand. And lastly, don’t tell me stupid. Don’t give the name stupid to my gentleness.”
After listening to the old person the boys ran away in different directions. But they met at the same place after few days. One of them said, “In such a selfish world there are still some people who act foolish to help poor people like us and give something to other making themselves empty.  

Bishwa Raj Adhikari 

No comments:

Post a Comment