Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Lethal Portray - Fiction of the week - 20


Lethal Portray


“Mom, you always favored him. You always admired him too. You loved him more than me as well.  To show people off you pretend to love him more than me so people thought you do not care for me. I am your own son whereas he is your sister’s son. The love which comes from a mother cannot be shared with another child. The love should be for me than him. Am I right? But I don’t mean that you should neglect him. My only concern is that you don’t ignore me in front of him.” 
After listening to her son the mother was not only disappointed but also got very serious. She was surprised at the reluctance of her son to understand her love towards him. She never thought she would get such a negative reaction from her son. She was utterly surprised. She said to her son “my child, there is no doubt that you are my son. You are the sound of my heart. My love for you and your love for me is natural. My love for you, which comes from my heart, does not need to be exhibited to other people. It is not necessary. He is not my own but my sister’s son. That is why I need to show off people I love my sister’s child more than my own, even though I don’t love him as much as I love you. I need to portray the fake love as a real one, especially in front of his parents. You should understand this, my child. Why are you so innocent with the transactional life and the world where we live in?”
His mother’s explanation could not make him content. He looked angry. He asked his mother “Mom, what is the proof that you love me more than him and your love for him is only a show off? How can I believe you? If your love for him is only a show off then how can I believe that your explanation of love for me is true? It might also be show off and false. Isn’t it? Mom, please tell me the truth.”
The son’s allegation pulled his mother back to the past. She started recalling her behavior towards her son.

 Bishwa Raj Adhikari

No comments:

Post a Comment