Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Role Playing - Fiction of the week - 12


The Role Playing

The person who had earned both wealth and fame went to see his parents who lived in the village. The mother felt pride and became so happy to see her son. The mother’s eyes were flooded with joy. The mother asked the son “honey, you bought a house that looks like a palace. You have so many cars. So many servants are around you. Is that true?”
The son nodded in agreement and said “yes mom.”
The mother could not keep herself quiet and said “we both will go with you. Our dream to live in a city is coming true. Our day has come. We will enjoy the good time. We worked hard to educate you. That is why I sent you to the city for a good career and money. My hard work has paid off.”
After listening to his mother the son looked serious and said “mom I love you both so much. My love for you compels me to come to see you. That is why I come regularly to see you. I miss you and keep thinking about you when I am in the city. But I don’t want you to go to the city with me."
The son’s answer surprised his mother. The mother asked her son “but why?”
The son replied “If you stay with us, it will reduce my love for you.”  Looking at his mother he said again “people try not to use much the clothes they like the most so that they can protect it from tearing. In the same way people don’t wear the jewelry much, the one they like the most to lessen the wearing and tearing. That is why I am keeping you far from us. As long as you will be far from us my love toward you will not decrease.”
Despite big efforts the illiterate mother couldn’t understand her well educated son’s hidden desire.  The son continued to give more examples to prove his immense love toward his mother. The mother was convinced and satisfied by her son’s explanations. And at the same time the son was happy for getting rid of his parents.


Bishwa Raj Adhikari






B
 B

1 comment: